CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Hawaii--Oh how I miss you!

Well, it's been nearly a month since we went to Hawaii, and that means it is quite overdue for me to post about it.

I picked out two pictures that I thought best exemplified and captured the January tropics of Oahu.  Clearly, we strongly felt that the sun's rays would beam right through the rain and towels to bronze our pale skin.  It didn't work like we had hoped!  (If you look closely, I am a bit surprised by this revelation, and, well, Dust is just plain mad.)

It was also a leetle windy some nights.

And I just couldn't write about Hawaii without giving a shout out to our new forever friends! Hank, Bob, Susie Q., and our many other feathered friends that we met (all of whom, for the life of me, I can't remember their names), you will be sorely missed! 

In all seriousness though, our vacation was definitely in a unique resort that I am just in love with!

This was our private lagoon.

This was one of Ko'Olina resort's pool areas.

Overall, awesome vacation at an awesome time of year.  The beach, pool, hotel, and shopping areas weren't crowded at all and it was 70s to 80s the whole time--and coming from the NW, that was a VERY welcome change!

3 comments:

Conor said...

Rebecca tell Dusty that letting the bird on his shoulder (non the less touching the filthy things) is disgusting! I'm surprised he doesn't have the bird flu.

BrownEyedGirl-- said...

Yeah, and I didn't even have my lovely, little, travel-sized Purell with me! The rest of the afternoon was a nightmare of gigantic proportions as we searched for soap. :) It was gross though. Some had little stubs for feet, one poor lil bird had 2 stubs. I almost cried, then threw up.

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

I don't care if it was kinda rainy and sorta windy, you were in HAWAII!!!! Love the pics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails