CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Can you say dilemma??

It is now approaching on one of my favorite seasons of the year. Not spring, not summer (although technically my favorite real season), but GARAGE SALE SEASON!! And my is it arriving fast!

This weekend we have a county-wide kick-off for all those holding garage sales... they can put a notice in the paper and it will be FREE! Woweeee. I am just so excited! There are so many potential great finds out there and they're (usually) cheaper than even Wally World! Dust and I have found many a wonder at a garage sale. We bought a leather chair and loveseat at one (sweet old lady), a nice bookshelf at another (real wood people, $30--boo yah!!), and many little goodies.

Now to the dilemma. While mucho sales will be a-happenin around here, there is also the famed "rich people" sale over in the Seattleish area (the air quotes are based strictly on the assumption of wealth and not by potential debt awashed with massive houses and extravagant belongings). Woah, people. What's a person to do? Sales a plenty here or better stuff (assumedly)? Eeeek. I just don't know.

I'll just have to sit down, weigh out the pros and cons, drink 16 whitechocolatepeppermintmochas, and ponder.

5 comments:

We are THAT Family said...

Can you really go wrong with scouring the pish posh of rich people? Is there really a question here? I think not.

Megan said...

I'd have to agree...nothing beats finding pottery barn pillows for a buck...not to mention coming to the Seattle area could potentially lead to seeing your oh-so-wonderful friends again! ;)

Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for the comment! It was good food for thought!

Conor said...

There's always the option just not to buy any more junk from other people. That works for us.

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Can I have a peppermintwhitechocolatemocha too??

Can't wait to see you, garagesaleing buddy ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails