CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Have you ever...

...heard just the right phrase and just so happened to have it in an email so it's easily copyable for posting? Well you're in luck, cause I do!

"It is perfectly clear that true
Christianity is something more than being
baptized and going to church."


Ahhh, how true this statement actually is. Dusty subscribed us to another daily devotional, but this one is now a favorite to read: Grace Gems. They even have the likes of Chuckie Spurgeon (aka Charles Spurgeon). I call him Chuckie because he is my friend. (And I suppose it's also because he's a profound Christian theologian who I seem to learn from every time I read his stuff.)

It is sad that the modern "Christian" has duped themselves into believing they are a true Christian when their lives are not different in any way from those of the world.

"It will never do to idle through life, thinking
and living like others, if we mean to be owned
by Christ as His people.

Have we grace? Then it must be seen.

Have we the Spirit? Then there must be fruit.

Have we any saving religion? Then
there
must be a difference of habits, tastes, and
turn of mind, between us and those who
think only of the world."


And, that was pretty much the ENTIRE devotion today. But it was so good and so filled with TRUTH that I couldn't not share it.

If you are walking around today claiming Christianity as your name, then:

"there must be something marked, distinct,
and peculiar
about our
character
, if we are true Christians."

5 comments:

We are THAT Family said...

That was awesome and so true! Very good thought for the day.

Linda said...

Hi, first time here via Big Mama. You've got a really cute blog, and since I'm old enough to be your mother I can say that it just makes me happy to see a young woman so in love with Jesus.

Kari & Kijsa said...

Thank you for this post!! We let every word sink in...So true!!
Have a great weekend!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Amanda said...

AMEN!!!!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Tagged you again, I just couldn't resist :)

luv ya

Related Posts with Thumbnails