CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Pancakes, muffins, and granola

I will only eat one of the above for breakfast. My ever steadfast granola. I am by no means "granola" but I sure do enjoy it! It's pretty sad when even the FedEx guy has to ask about it. He stopped in twice last week to drop off 2 packages, and when he left the 2nd time, he paused and said, "So is granola a staple for you EVERY morning?" I smiled, "Uhhhh, yup!"

This morning my Dad's side of the family met for breakfast... so I went while Dust worked (at least I had a good morning!). :) And I had already decided I'd just get coffee. Decaf, at that. Then looked salivated at the menu, and while I absolutely LOVE all forms of food served at those wee early morning hours, my stomach and digestive system literally despise me for the rest of the day if I endulge in anything with grease or that's cooked (aside from eggs). So that is what I had, oatmeal (exciting, I know) and a hard-boiled egg and my decaf coffee. Our conversation relied heavily on MERSA and life in the midwest, because who doesn't talk about that during breakfast?!

It was a lot of fun to get together with the family though, I do love all the random, broad ranges of topics that we typically cover. I think the best part about breakfast was hearing compliments about Dust doing his job so well!

So, thanks to him, I can go eat breakfast on Labor Day while he invokes compliments that get directed to me! Gotta love this day!

1 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

At least you didn't ask the UPS guy if he had a package for you...

Oh yeah, that's what I did.

Related Posts with Thumbnails