CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 9, 2009

One of my favorite times of day

Kids sleeping? Ahhhh, glorious free time! Not that I don't love being a SAHM and all, but free time is very welcome in our house! Seven o'clock is looked forward to for two reasons in this house:
1. Wheel of Fortune (I have a pathetically strong love for this game); and
2. Bed time!!

We have a great system in place for getting the kids in bed. They start out in separate rooms for ease and convenience of, well, basically just for us. After I feed Grapenut for the last time at night and we're sure she's well into a sleep cycle, I call Dust over and he picks her up and moves her to her crib. It is one of my favorite times of the day! She's so peaceful and serene, it's amazing such quietness comes from such a loud baby. It makes me fall in love with her all over again.


This was taken this summer when she was just a wee little baby, now she gets bundled up with warm pjs and 2 swaddling blankets to make SURE her arms don't get out (or she'll wake up and Mama don't like that).

1 comments:

Megan said...

Totally understand the love of free time. When you've got a little busy body on your hands, naptime is the only way to get things done! And nothing's sweet than a peaceful baby deep in sleep. It makes me a little sad that Skyler falling asleep in my arms is a rare occasion.

Related Posts with Thumbnails