CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hot water heater vs. laundry detergent

Hmmm, is it bad if my kids' skin is drying out.

Why, you might ask?  First see my post entitled "The Childproof Diaper".  Then take a wild guess at what I'm referring to.  After every nap, I walk in their room to find a barenaked Queso, a poop smeared crib, another poop smeared crib, dirty sheets, and really happy kids.  As my eyes survey the disastrous scene, I go on a wild chase to find the dirty diaper before they do.  You almost have to go into another room to half laugh and half cry over the situation.

Good thing Dust is home today, he took clean up duty today, and I took bath duty.  It makes it real interesting when I'm trying to do it all on my own!

Our water bill is skyrocketing out of control.  With the amount of baths that my kids are getting, and the number of times I wash their sheets, it's getting ridiculous.  I am currently debating between buying stock in hot water heaters or laundry detergent.  I would single-handedly raise market points.

Buying stock would be a nice option, except that we may just go broke buying laundry detergent alone.  Yikes. 
I wash their sheets so much, they're getting holes in them.  They're so faded they don't even match the room anymore.

Can you guess who this lady represents?


An exhausted me!!


And it's a wonder why I'm debating on potty training him!!

8 comments:

Tiff said...

Oh, honey, you HAVE to try making your own laundry soap. I blogged about it here: http://www.stillseekingsanity.com/2009/07/making-your-own-laundry-soap.html
I spend $4 a batch, which lasts about four months. Yes, that's $1 a month for our family of six, and it works well and is more natural than the stuff you can buy. Everything is available at Ace in Lynden. Seriously, try it!!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

I suggest putting Queso in a zip up, snap top, long one-piece jammy so he can't access his poopy diaper! You may have to duct tape the top snap and zipper closed, but oh well!

MamaMimi said...

Goodness! They sure do keep your hands full! I agree with Amanda on the zip-up pjs, if you haven't tried it already!

BrownEyedGirl-- said...

Okay, wow, definitely going to make my own then! And, he already is in those pjs VDG... I was a little naive when I taught him how to use a zipper. :(

The bummer is that after he gets all ready in the am, do I have to change him into pjs just for his naps? Do I leave him in them all day and never get him dressed for the day? Also might try snapping off the pull part of the zipper so it's just the nubbin part. Or we also might duct tape his diaper AND the snap part at the top.

(sigh)

J said...

I'm surprised Sallie hasn't commented yet: hot water doesn't need heating, so it's a water heater. ;-)

Anonymous said...

It's TOTALLY a hot water heater :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

try exchanging their bed sheets for construction grade tarps. That way you can just pressure wash them clean.
Conor

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

I haven't visited your blog in awhile, but have had fun this evening "catching up" with you. Looks like your little ones are keeping you busy.

We make our own laundry soap. Sooo... CHEAP! Check out this post on my blog, for the "recipe".

http://imghanaadopt.blogspot.com/2010/06/real-men-make-homemade-laundry-soap.html


Hope your weekend is BLESSED!

Laurel

Related Posts with Thumbnails